Discovery 221AC/DC is a high sophisticated single Phase Inverter TIG AC/DC portable welding machine.
In TIG DC mode this inverter generator can easily weld ordinary steels, stainless steel and copper.
Discovery 221AC/DC is particularly indicated for extremely precise constructions, in petrochemical plants, food industry and other activities which require very high welding performance.
The inner PFC W.ECO device (Power Factor Corrector) reduces harmonic current emissions according to the CE regulations. Weco Special HF control grants 100% a rapid and highly precise arc ignition.
The AC welding is here optimized thanks to:
the synergic arch ignition can be adjusted from the front panel by the calibration of the tungsten electrode’s diameter.
The EXTRA FUSION function allows to shift the waveform towards the negative part with respect to zero. This makes it possible to create a highly penetrative and precise fusion bath, so that very light gauge sheets can be welded with an electrode tip comparable to that of an electrode for DC- TIG welding.
The MIX AC-DC wave allows to combine the efficacy of AC TIG welding with the high penetration of DC TIG welding, thus obtaining high welding speed and creating the weld puddle rapidly on a cold work piece. It is also possible to weld heavier aluminum gauges with lower amperage compared to standard AC/DC TIG welding.
The PULSE AC/DC welding is besides useful when welding for long time, in order to reduce the deformation on the base material.
The DC welding is here optimized thanks to:
TIG PULS up to 2,5 Khz and TIG PULS SYN (Synergic)
– The Dynamic Arc (DYNarc) function which ensures an enhanced welding penetration, a better stability of the arc, avoiding any gluing between electrode and base metal; it allows to adjust the welding arc, just through slight torch’s movements, at any welding conditions.
– The Q-Start function makes the sheet tacking easier and minimize the time for it at the beginning of the welding process.
– The Multi-Tack function allows to minimize the heat output during the welding process and reduces the base material’s oxidation. This function permits often to avoid the post welding acid-treatments.
– The Q-Spot function, permits to carry out very easily and precisely the sheet tacking operation, with minimum heat output and sheet deformation. It allows the positioning of the electrode on the exact tacking spot.
– 50 programs can be loaded and saved in memory
– Remote controls are available: for torch (UP&DOWN, potentiometer), foot pedal or remote control unit
– Cooling unit, available
|1x230Vac ± 15% @ 50-60Hz|
|5A – 220A||10A – 180A|
|6.2KVA – 6.1KW|
|460 x 230 x 325mm|